Getting Parents Involved
At Hillcrest we're greedy for parents to be involved in our school life. We recognise the importance of working in partnership with parents and carers to ensure the success and happiness of our children and young people.
Research states that parents who are actively involved in the process of their child's education achieve more in school. Parental involvement continues to have a significant effect on achievement into adolescence and adulthood.
How you can be involved:
- Attend progress evenings
- Attend information sessions (how to support your child workshops)
- Take part in family learning sessions
- Do a course to improve your own learning
- Join our Parents' Group/PTA
- Become a Parent Governor
- Join our Additional Needs Parent Support Group
- Take part in a Positive Parenting Course to improve the parent-child relationship and behaviour
What we offer throughout the school year:
- Year 7 Parent/carer drop-in event
- Family Learning sessions
- Adult Learning classes and activities
- Suppprt for parents through coffee mornings/parent workshops/drop-in events
- Information is available from school reception and school newsletters
- Opportunities to meet other parents/carers
Parent Link Worker
Telephone: 01384 814950
File: PTA-Newsletter-2016.pdf Size: 1012 KB
File: PTA-Poster.pdf Size: 180 KB
Hillcrest parents' group was formed to provide closer links between home and school. The group provides an opportunity to involve parents in school life, to bring parents views into school by sharing ideas and information.
The group also organises fundraising and occasional social events, these are to bring people together in community spirit and raise funds to contribute to additional resources which support the school and community.
All parents or carers of pupils who attend Hillcrest School are automatically members of the Parents' Group. and we hope as many parents or carers as possible will be involved.
We invite you to come along to our next meeting.